PCPCC Releases Evidence Report
Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC) recently published their 2018 Evidence Report. This report takes a close look at how Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMHs) and Accountable Care Organization (ACOs) function together.
Notable findings include the following:
- Medicare ACOs with a higher proportion of PCMH primary care physicians were more likely to generate savings
- Medicare ACOs with a higher proportion of PCMH primary care physicians demonstrated higher quality scores, including on a significant number of process and outcome measures
SVHP CEO Michael Hunt, DO Featured in Toggle Magazine
Excerpt taken from Toggle
For many patients, clinical care is daunting. Check in. Fill out paperwork. Wait two hours. Meet with a physician. Hope against hope it’s the last time you’ll have to do any of it. (By the way, you’ll have to come back next week.)
This is especially true for those with chronic illnesses like diabetes, where more visits don’t always correlate with improved outcomes.
Dr. Michael Hunt knew there had to be a better way. As CEO and president for St. Vincent’s Health Partners, Dr. Hunt has witnessed how inefficient processes—seemingly systemic, but preventable—can negatively impact the patient experience.
“We decided to leverage technology to fundamentally transform how we engage our patients,” Dr. Hunt says. “And we did that by moving away from the classic population-health paradigm to a customer relationship management model.”
St. Vincent’s SWIM Across the Sound
Monday, July 9th was the annual charity golf tournament hosted by St. Vincent’s Medical Center to sponsor SWIM Across the Sound. SWIM is a non-profit organization that has helped cancer patients in the community for over 30 years. Through generous donations, SWIM has raised millions of dollars to support cancer patients with important resources such as:
- Mobile Mammography Screenings
- Free Prostate Cancer Screenings
- SWIM Boutique
- Breast Cancer Support Group
- Look Good Feel Better Program
- Yoga for Cancer Patients
- Prostate Cancer Support Group
- Family Support Group
- Prostate Cancer Institute
- Cancer Resource Library
- Teen SmokeStoppers Program
- Additional Resources for Patients
- Elizabeth M. Pfriem/SWIM Center for Cancer Care at St. Vincent’s Medical Center
…in addition to providing education regarding cancer prevention and aid to individual cancer patients and their families to help minimize stress.
Visit SWIM’s website to find more information, including how to help show your support.