3rd Annual PCMH Congress
The 3rd Annual PCMH Congress was held this year in San Diego, California from September 14-16th.
Attending the conference from our network was the Associate Director of Transformation from SVHP, Sophia Jackson, and the Practice Manager and PCMH Physician Champion from Milford Pediatric Group.
This year’s conference focused on:
- Outlining best practice to optimize PCMH within the medical neighborhood
- Identifying cr itical roles and how they impact patient-centered care in a collaborative care environment
- How the PCMH Model of Care impacts patient and population health outcomes
A strong message of Team-Based Care among primary and specialty care vibrated throughout the conference. With the change in our healthcare landscape from volume to value, the sustainability of our SVHP practices as Patient-Centered Medical Homes is vital to healthcare transformation as we work together to improve patient and provider experience, improve health outcomes for our patients, and lower cost.
Conference Highlights :
- Importance of behavioral health screening in the primary and specialty care settings. NCQA Distinction in Behavioral Health Integration helps primary care practices better integrate behavioral healthcare into their practices.
- Importance of understanding the culture of your practice.
- What is important to you and your team?
- How can we provide collaborative care?
- Impact of MACRA on the measurement of quality and value in healthcare delivery.
- It is important for practices to understand; how does this align with PCMH concepts?
- Patient-Centered Specialty Practice (PCSP) Recognition
- The PCSP Recognition program helps facilitate team-based care by improving collaboration with primary care and recognizing specialists who streamline and improve health care delivery.
- Risk Stratification of patient population through effective use of Health Information Technology and EMR
- Pre-visit planning and team huddles are invaluable in patient-centered care, both for agenda setting and identifying needed services for patients.
- Social Determinants of Health and the integral role they play in patient centered care
- Please visit http://www.nachc.org/research-and-data/prapare to access and learn more about PRAPARE Assessment Tool for SDOH
NCQA has made some key changes regarding the reporting process to sustain PCMH recognition. Notably, the practices will no longer need to use the Survey Tool. All submission will be done through Q-PASS . As part of PCMH Redesign, there w ill no longer be Levels Recognition. Virtual Check-Ins and Annual Reporting requirements will demonstrate to NCQA that patient-centered care is a part of your practice’s culture in your continued efforts to perform ongoing quality improvement, as a NCQA Recognized Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Below, you will find a link for the Quality Performance Assessment Support System, Q-PASS, which is the gateway for everything PCMH and to be used for your Annual Reporting or attestation to your practice transforming and sustaining recognition.
The Transformation, Medical Management, and Operations and Health Information Teams at SVHP values each of your contributions as members of the PHO within our network. Thank you for all your continuous hard work! We look forward to our continued collaborative work as we strive to improve health outcomes for our patient population. Please do not hesitate to reach out to a member of the Transformation Team for additional information, to share your best practices or for collaboration on quality improvement initiatives and activities within your practice.
As Greg Bell, the Keynote speaker for the PCMH conference and author of Water the Bamboo Unleashing the Potential of Teams and Individual, said it best, “Success does not come about by simply engaging in activity; success is about engaging in activity that matters most to you”.
The PCMH Congress will be taking place in Boston, MA on September 6-8, 2019 at the John B Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center
Information regarding the next PCMH Congress:
Early registration rates:
- $649 for FQHCs
- $699 for General Audiences, now through October 15, 2018. These rates end at 5:00 pm (ET) on October 15.
Please call 800-218-3185 to Register and visit https://www.pcmhcongress.com/ for more information.