Shared Savings Programs
The Shared Savings Programs reward providers that lower their growth in health care costs while meeting performance standards on quality measures for a defined patient population. Quality Measures generally include a combination of clinical process measures, outcome measures and patient experience. Reporting of these measures is crucial to ensure appropriate care is being delivered and that cost savings is not a result of limiting necessary care.
Below are several Fact Sheets regarding the CMS Shared Savings Model.
- Advanced Payment Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Model
- Accountable Care Organizations: What Providers Need to Know
- Improving Quality of Care for Medicare Patients: Accountable Care Organizations
- Methodology for Determining Shared Savings and Losses under the Medicare Shared Savings Programs
- Summary of the Final Rule Provisions for Accountable Care Organizations Under the Medicare Shared Savings Program